Rail Asset Development Ltd are a small group of specialists headed by Steve King, Director and supported by Colin Hall, Associate.
Steve has worked in general construction and rail for 30 years, covering a broad range of projects from listed buildings, general refurbishments and new build. These have covered residential, health, retail and commercial property, and also covered both design and construction.
For the last 12 years Steve has concentrated on rail projects and general construction projects with a rail interface, reducing risks by making appropriate early decisions and working closely with the Infrastructure Protection or Asset Protection team and other stakeholders such as asset owners and operational staff. He would then navigate schemes through the required railway approvals and assurance processes and on to site delivery and handover.
Sample projects include:
- HVM security works at seven Network Rail managed stations
- Shell and core work for the London Overground depot buildings at New Cross Gate
- A major mixed-use development at Camden adjacent to both NR and LUL railway lines
- A new £275m office development over an LUL station in central London
- Network Rail CEM or LUL Technical Reviewer for over 25 projects over the last 10 years
A visual CV is available here: Steve King CV
Colin Hall is an Associate of the company, and brings his own wealth of general construction and rail specific experience, which includes planning, design management and on site delivery. A particular focus for Colin in recent years has been the preparation and agreement of Safe Methods of Work for work adjacent to and over rail assets in central London.
A visual CV is available here: Colin Hall CV
Where a project requires railway possession planning, we are pleased to be able to offer the services of Rob Cockerton and his company RDC Planning Ltd. Rob has many years’ experience planning works of all kinds on and around railway assets in London and the home counties.
The rest of the team comprises:
- Jamie King – writing for bids and presentations
- Sophie King – design for exhibitions and presentations
Through our extensive industry contacts we are able to offer additional trusted individuals and companies to support your project’s needs. Do contact us for details.