East London Line Stations
Key Project Info:
- Client: TfL
- Value: £56m
- Dates of engagement: 2008 to 2011
- Contractor: Balfour Beatty Carillion jv
- The complete refurbishment of Surrey Quays, Canada Water, Rotherhithe, Shadwell, Wapping and Whitechapel stations. These were all run concurrently.
- Demolition and reconstruction of the exterior facades, including CFA Piling, new steel roof structures/coverings and refurbishment of the internal finishes. Complete services renewal. At Shadwell and Wapping new passenger lifts were also installed.
The duties undertaken included:
- Project manager responsible for all six stations
- Approved and audited Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s), reviewed and accepted risk assessments
- Client liaison
- Directed activities of designers, site teams and subcontractors
- Conducted regular site inspections to ensure compliance to Health and Safety and Environmental standards, and programme requirements